Delivering Shoes On Time and In Budget To One Of Australia’s Most Iconic Fashion Brands
Getting Australia’s children back to school was no mean feat (no pun intended), when International Cargo Express worked with Betts to manage their Back to School Campaign.
Coordinating the import of containers from multiple international suppliers, delivering to a central warehouse location on Australian shores and managing all third-party logistics requirements – ICE managed Betts’ end-to-end stock requirements from the start.
Containers were unpacked, ensuring loose cartons of physical stock matched corresponding documentation and systemised storage of stock was arranged to facilitate daily pick and pack requirements during the peak period.
- Storage and despatch of complex, multi-dimensional stock items (66 styles, each with 26 sizes)
- Management of approximately 40,000 pairs of shoes
- Coordination of product volume, utilising equivalent of 1500 sqm of floor space (or the size of 3 basketball courts!)
- Preparation of orders, including picking, packing and labelling to meet despatch deadlines for intrastate and nationwide deliveries
- Regular reporting to Betts from the warehouse site at all times during the campaign
ICE offered flexibility, high levels of communication and attention to detail during our pick, pack and delivery project. With their professional support we were able to meet the demands of our supply chain knowing our freight was in safe hands.– Tony Kealy, National Distribution Manager, Betts
Agility, flexibility and attention to detail were demonstrated through:
- Coordination and management of their end-to-end supply chain from initial import through to despatch
- Management of complex freight and warehousing requirements for multi-dimensional product ranges
- Timely reconciliation and transparent reporting, ensuring the client was informed throughout the project
- Agile and accurate pick, pack and labelling of product orders for fast turnaround to multiple destinations
- Maximised warehouse efficiencies to meet high volumes with daily despatch Australia-wide