Full Time | Melbourne office
About the role
We are currently seeking an I.T Support Engineer with experience using MS Office. Working for International Cargo Express, your long-term objectives will be to program within C1, VBA and XML. You must have at least 3 years’ experience working in I.T.
- Completion of admin level tasks within Microsoft Office 365 / InTune
- You will demonstrate excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate with staff on day-to-day issues that arise
- You will work in close co-operation with IT suppliers to ensure the smooth completion of day-to-day tasks
- Your long-term objective will be to maintain C1 Workflows and program client specific reports within VBA
- The role will require you to have
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in IT
- A passion for IT and demonstrable experience in learning new programs
- Any experience working in freight forwarding operations is preferred but not mandatory
- Ability to identify improvements and design solutions aligned to the department’s strategic objectives
- Hold a current Australian driver’s license
You must have Cargowise experience, love working as part of a team and have the ability to handle airfreight and ocean freight cartage with ease.
In this role you will provide administrative customer service and support to the Sea/Airfreight department of International Cargo Express to ensure effective and efficient handling and final delivery of import sea and airfreight for clients.
- Monitor customs clearance / cartage of import consignments and register shipments.
- Invoice out costs and charges as per the working instructions for the specific client.
- Pay duties / GST upon confirmation that the entry has been prepared by the broker.
- Ensure all customs and AQIS regulations have been satisfied.
- Release (cleared) imports against payment of charges, approved credit arrangements, or COD payments.
- Notify ICE clients of pending deliveries.
- Notify transport companies of deliveries to clients.
- Prepare customs folios for posting out to ICE clients.
- Complete data capture of direct sea/air freight lines documentation in order to ensure processing, as well as invoicing and debtor coding for import freight. Calculation & collection of storage charges and effective use of all facets of Air/Sea Cargo Automation. Undertake departmental filing and archiving tasks in accordance with procedures to ensure ease of access when required.
- Process damaged cargo to ensure advice of damage to consignee’s customs broker and/or consignee, origin agent/station and ICE supervision; lodge claims with the carrier within seven days of arrival.
- Respond to telephone calls, including relief telephone reception; deal with and report on customer complaints and recommend action or procedural change that may improve levels of customer service and satisfaction. Issue corrective action reports and log non-conformances.
- Assist in the Import Airfreight and Ocean freight departments, if and when necessary.
- Sales – maintain rates in EDI as directed. Assist with in house sales where possible. Assist with external sales where possible.
- Action supervisors and or managers requests as directed.