Looking for your next career move?
International Cargo Express provides a dynamic work environment that offers fantastic rates and excellent incentive packages for the right people.
Please see below for a list of current openings or visit our social media pages for more information.
Operations Manager – Brisbane
Our Brisbane team are now looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join their team and add value to their existing network.
To be successful in this position, you will need to have a clear understanding of the processes and procedures related to import and export operations, your daily duties will include:
- Lead a dynamic team in all aspects of import and export operations
- Must be experienced in airfreight and seafreight operations with comprehensive working knowledge of Cargowise
- Ensure all staff respond to all inquiries from customers in a professional and efficient manner
- Motivation and encouragement of management and staff.
- Advise Branch Manager of any changes to operational procedures required and/or recommend in order to improve the quality of service supplied by ICE
- Provide training to staff for the operational computer system
- Advise staff of any changes in operational procedures and manage implementation of any such change
- Account Manage high value customers as per procedures
- Manage and document Marine Insurance Claims
- Appraisal and recommendation of suppliers for inclusion in List of Approved Suppliers
- Enforce client credit arrangements as per International Cargo Express Credit Policy
- Advise staff of any changes in IT procedures and manage implementation of any such change
- Set and agree and implement in conjunction with the branch manager measureable KPI’s for the branch, department and staff member, aligned to ICE’s business plan
- Hold weekly Sales and operational meeting to improve continuously the overall performance of the branch
- Attend Industry functions as required
- Devote 25% of your time on sales and service calls to existing and prospective clients as may be required.
- Attend to client queries
You will need to have at least 6 years’ experience in a similar position, within the International Freight Forwarding Industry. You will be driven, self-motivated and have a strict attention to detail. Highly developed written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment are a must. Previous exposure to EDI/Cargowise software is also essential.
This autonomous role will give you the freedom to organise your own workload, whilst leading an already existing, supportive team.
If you are interested in this position please send through your resume to by Monday 22nd July.