No matter the stage of your project, ICE is equipped with the expertise to support heavy and bulk cargo.
Out of Gauge
& Bulk cargo
We understand the demands remote mining sites can have on your project cargo. Whether it is heavy cargo such as mining equipment or small parts for machinery, every shipment to a mine site is planned, scoped and monitored to ensure effective delivery.
Handling your project cargo to tight deadlines within the construction industry is what we do best. Talk to the experts about strategies to mitigate risk in your construction project.
We know that cargo comes in all different shapes and sizes and we have over 30 years’ experience handling out of gauge and bulk cargo. With access to a range of shipping lines, we will tailor a solution that is best for you.
- 30 years’ experience
- Dedicated forwarding team
- Second to none customer service
- Best tailored freight solutions specific to your needs
- Beginning to end cargo tracking
- Genuine customer care
Assisting the Mining and Construction Industries for over 30 years
Pre-project planning stage
Customs clearance expertise
- Experienced in supporting pre-feasibility and feasibility studies
- Provision of information to inform cost models
- Consultancy and advice services to minimise duty exposure
- Documentation review
- Tariff concession advice and applications
- Review of the most efficient shipping solutions, which often involves bulky cargo moves to rural locations
- Importing heavy machinery and components
- Developing transport solutions, including permit acquisition
- Site surveys
- Producing mines – bulk commodity exports including containerised, bulk bags and vessel chartering
- Transport coordination from site to port
- Arrange all export formalities
We are members of reputable industry networks:
Who will project managed my cargo?
ICE has experienced in-house project managers who will co-ordinate your project cargo from end to end. If required, you can meet your manager prior to shipping to discuss any of your concerns.
What is the process for initiating a project shipment?
Simply give us a call and ask to speak to one of our team in project shipping. From here we will initiate a consultation with you to understand the full scope of your project shipment. You will be asked to provide us with information regarding the size and dimensions of your cargo and any requirements at origin or destination. We may also request pictures or diagrams of your cargo if necessary. Following the consultation process, we will provide you with a full quote based on the scope of work stipulated and an overview of our project plan.
What is out of gauge cargo?
Out of Gauge (OOG) cargo is any cargo that cannot be loaded into a 20GP, 40GP/HC or 40OT container and remain within the container frame. Out of gauge cargo will exceed the standard dimensions of a container by length, width or height. For example, a 40OT container with steel items that protrude above the container frame, would be classed as out of gauge.